Sunday, November 12, 2017

Office Space

You may say that I'm the last person who should voice an opinion on how an office should be organized, given my propensity to avoid them whenever possible; but I've done my time in both the front and back pews, and my opinion is likely to be just as good as yours. The nexus of my thesis revolves around the idea that people are more productive when they feel at home. That is, where they are most comfortable. It's an outdated concept, I know. The new trend seems to bend towards environments that queue people into sterile, modern, office spaces, where the office spaces are designed by spacial engineers, or -- worse yet -- spacial designers; smart enough folk, if you catch them on a good day, or when they've had a stout glass of wine. Too often they are distracted talents that engineer by look, with little regard for the feel.  (to be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment